K4A products: the answer to helicopter market needs.
KA-2H is a 2 seat helicopter.
K4A is currently implementing the «Build and Fly» program, that will enable the first prototype of this model to fly at the end of 2017. Then the KA-2H will go through final Certification process and it will be ready to be sold in 2019.
It is provided with two piston engines working in a parallel way, so that the failure of one engine is never a fatal failure.
It will be the first helicopter:
Provided with two piston engines working in a parallel way. So it will be allowed to fly over built-up areas in Europe and other countries where strict regulations do not allow light helicopters with a single engine to fly over built-up areas.
Able to fly with automotive gasoline instead of the Avio gas, without depending on airports.
K4A products: innovative features
K4A product technology: patented innovation
- The basic technology underpinning this business is completely developed by K4A scientists and engineers
- The same engines, coming from automotive industry, are transformed with innovative solutions to make them fly
- The main rotor, the most important feature of an helicopter, is a brilliant invention, and it will be the safest 2 blade rotors on the market for the next years
- The main rotor is so revolutionary that a primary helicopter producer is interested in developing some products coming from this idea
- The innovative technology developed is worldwide protected by patent applications.
K4A – 2HT Main Rotor (Patented Homokinetic Joint)
- The main rotor is a gimballed twin blade type, rigid in plane with fly bar
- The rotor head is connected to the mast by 2 semi-spheric hinges and by other components that ensure homokinetic motion transmission: this class of rotors will be useful in UAV platforms and for tilt rotor machines, due to its inherent stability
- The blades grip are fitted to 2 Pitch hinges that allow the feathering motion
K4A V2400-A2HT Engine
- Two cylinders reciprocating engine, horizontally 90
- Four valves per cylinder
- Air cooled by a centrifugal fan and oil cooled with an independent cooling pump
K4A – 2HT Hydraulic Tail Rotor System
The tail propeller is a five-blade, with fixed pitch, and is obtained with CNC milling by a single block of laminated maple wood. It is coated with carbon fiber, and has metallic protection on the leading edge and on the trailing edge. This system is backed with another one based on an electric motor not shown here